Opening its doors in 1983 as Communication Services Center, part of Chinatown Resources & Development Center (CRDC), the company functioned as a computer and office training ground for Asians refugees. In 1989, when government funding was cut, the company was purchased by some of its employees.
In 1992, the company started doing business as Direct Mail Center. In 1993, Mayor Frank Jordan gave its owners an Award of Merit. The same year, they received CRDC Best Alumni Award. The company is certified with the City of San Francisco and with the State of California as a Minority (MBE) and a Women Business Enterprise (WBE).
In 1996, it was relocated to its present home, at 1099 Mariposa Street, in San Francisco. As the established leader in Quality-On-Time, Direct Mail Center is also known for its One-on-One Customer Service Approach. Our ability to upgrade systems and procedures to adapt to the needs of a client has contributed in the award of major contracts from multiple government agencies, universities, hospitals and private organizations.
If you have any questions about our history, please call us at: (415) 252-1600 or e-mail us.